SEO – is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. This refers to the many different steps you take to optimize your business presence on the web so that Google will consider you worthy of being one of the first service providers listed when a potential customer types in keywords for your particular service industry. Here’s some key points you need to know.
- At 83%, Google is the preferred choice of most people searching online.
- Google does not reveal it’s ever changing ranking algorithm but we do know what will get your website “blacklisted” and there are major industry leaders who track and document what current techniques appear to be significantly increase search ranking.
- There are MANY things that can and should be done to make Google like you and consider you worthy! You don’t necessarily need to have a website, but I strongly suggest you do, and a lot of these optimization efforts start in the development side of your website – many things you really wouldn’t notice just looking at your website. These include using and correctly tagging specific and descriptive words using the appropriate keywords for your business, correctly sized and licensed images (oh they KNOW if you “borrowed” an image from someone else), VALUABLE and ORIGINAL content specifically in the area of your expertise and business offerings.
- Typically you will not see the fruits of your SEO efforts for at least 6 months.
- SEO is constantly changing and a professional is one who keeps up with what’s working to keep you on top!
- There are 2 ways to get to the top of that list: You can pay for it, using Google Advertising and if you are in a very competitive industry using highly sought after key words like “Real Estate” expect to be paying A LOT OF MONEY but the 2nd way is the BEST way and that is “organically” – simply put, your web content is so off the hook and you’re constantly adding more value to your consumers with your content and therefore lots of new web visitors are being sent to your website and are engaging with you as a result and then Google deems you to be worthy of ranking high in their search results!